Pages

24 April 2014

Good News and Changes

It's been a while (okay, a long while) since I last utilised this blog, and I think it's time for bit of an update:

First off, I've changed the color of the site to better reflect some great news: I have accepted an offer to join Rice University's PhD program in Early Christianity--part of their "Bible and Beyond" concentration. I'm very excited to start this next chapter in my life. I will be working under April DeConick, focusing on various aspects of second century "religiosity" in the Roman Imperial world (Pagan, Jewish, and Christian), while paying special attention to Graeco-Roman philosophy, medicine, and ideologies of salvation.

Second, I have recently sent off drafts of entries on the topics of Marcion and Acts of Pilate for the latest edition of the Lexham Bible Dictionary. For those who would like to know more about LBD, please see here and here. I would like to thank my MA advisor Mark Goodacre of Duke University for getting me in touch with the project.

Third, I intend on posting brief booknotes or reviews on various monographs which I shall be reading between now and the start of classes in the Fall. After that, I'm sure I'll be switching things up a bit and posting more about my seminars, term papers, and other activities in TX. I've just started reading Karen King's What is Gnosticism, so I plan to have another post out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment